Skip to main content

Skinny greek yogurt chicken


My photo may not look as appetizing as it should, but trust me, this stuff is good. It's a healthier version of "melt in your mouth" chicken.  I tried this out a few weeks ago and we had it for dinner again last night.  Life of Meg adapted the recipe to use greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise.  It really does make the chicken moist. I have a huge dislike for plain chicken breasts- blah! I'm always searching for ways to use them so that they are more appetizing but still healthy. This one is a winner.

The recipe:

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 cup plain greek yogurt - I'm using Chobani

1/2 cup parmesan cheese - grated
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper


Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2) Combine greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper in a bowl.

3) Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.

4) Coat each chicken breast in greek yogurt mixture and place on foiled baking sheet.

5) Bake for 45 minutes.

Are you looking for other healthy recipes for the New Year? Check out my posts on healthy pumpkin waffles, homemade granola bars, and lowfat chewy fruit and oatmeal bars.

Sharing here:



Comments

  1. mmmmm..... sounds yummy. Might have to give it a whirl! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on the Glimpse Inside link party! I love reducing fat in recipes and using Greek Yogurt instead of mayo is a great way to do that! I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this! I'm always looking for a new chicken recipe, and I love yogurt. Thanks!

    Bobi
    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great chicken dish! I love the idea of using Greek yogurt, it sounds delicious! I'm always looking for new ways to use chicken, I'll have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to use Greek Yogurt to marinade chicken and other dishes. What a great idea to use it like a crust. Would love for you to share on Thursdays Treasures http://fooddonelight.com/thursdays-treasures-week-67/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks tasty. Can't wait to try it!

    http://tossedsaladlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good and juicy! I love finding new chicken recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.